Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Most popular nail posts of 2013

Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Happy New Year! I hope you welcomed the New Year in style last night. The first day of 2014 is not looking promising with winds and constant rain, but onwards and upwards!

I wanted to do a round up of my year with resolutions for the next year, but decided to pull it as I want to keep things upbeat for 2014. In brief, blogging this year has taken a back seat next to some pressing 'real life' issues. Asif struggled most of the year because of his back problems. In September he had a major back op and has been recovering well since. It has left little time for much else, but I did change jobs - which has been on the to-do list for a long time, and have now made the leap from journalism to PR, which I am finding demanding in different ways but much more enjoyable.
We have cut out all negativity and are concentrating on all the positives, which is as important to our sanity as much as our well being. And although I am not making any New Year resolutions, I never stick to them anyway, I am making this year to spend more quality time with my friends and family, to create lasting memories and to document as much of it as possible.

This year I have enjoyed doing nail art posts, and though I am not a pro and see I have a long way to go, they have been pretty popular with you guys. I thought I would do a round-up of the most popular posts from 2013.


Lattice nail art:
This was a design inspired by one I saw on Pinterest in peach and with thicker lines. I used a nude base in Model's Own Naked Shimmer. I topped this with a lattice design using Model's Own Wah pen in white. It's simple, but was the most popular design of 2013.



L'Oreal Color Riche Confetti Topcoat:
This is one of my favourite topcoats and I love the salt and pepper effect. It gives the impression more effort has gone into the look than it actually has. I have been using this on top of loads of my polish this year.



Money Smart Nail Art: Cotton buds and bobby pins:
Messy but fun, this was part of Money Supermarket's Money Smart Nail Art challenge to use cheap alternatives around the house to create nail art. I had lots of fun making this design,



Green overlapping dots with Essie Da Bush:
This is one of my personal favourites - I love the colours and the design is so simple but I enjoyed creating it. It's definitely one I will be trying out again with another colour combination and will look great with the same colour family.



Maybelline Color Show Polka Dot Speckled Pink:
This one is another take on the speckled look, but as well as the flakes, it had colour too. Used over a similar pink shade it enhanced the pink look.



Nail art by Michelle Humphrey:
This design is simple but I love it. I had it done at a Radox event at the beginning of the year by celebrity nail artist Michelle Humphrey.

 

Nails Inc: Feather Effect Nails:
How gorgeous is this effect?! It was the new feather-effect look from Nails Inc from earlier in the year, and looked amazing layered up.



Nails Inc Monogram Manicure:
This was my favourite nail set of the year, and I had so much fun playing around with it. I still have some letters left over, and was going to do 'Happy Xmas' but left the kit at home, ahhh. It's the one I got the most compliments for and was a good talking point.



Green Stripe Nails:
I was surprised this made it into the top viewed, as it was the one I was least happy with. It was messy to do, and was done free hand before I got striping tape, but I liked the combination of colours.



Nail art - OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui:
Another play on dots, this one was a fun one to try out with all the blues in my collection.


Which is your favourite? I am practising my nail art techniques and hope to bring you more designs this year with a nail challenge in the pipeline too. xxx

2 comments:

  1. The lattice nail art is beautiful! I hope you're gonna blog more this year Saf! XOXO

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I should be making blogging more one of my resolutions - fingers crossed I actually will this year! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love to read your comments and will reply to them all.